Archiving some family recipes for years to come. Thanks mom for sharing the step-by-step directions of this DELICIOUS dish. I was always amazed by how the kale cooks down to what looks like nothing. I can smell the garlic scent filling the house!
Maybe we can smuggle some into the nursing home for Nuni?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale, washed, stems trimmed and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven
- Add onion and garlic slices. Sauté until tender for about 3 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the kale and let simmer until it cooks down slightly. Add the beans and the chicken stock
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes
Other “Dolores” Anecdotes: